Monday, April 27, 2009

We Did It!


I created our Family Team for the March of Dimes March for Babies in 2006 because I felt I needed to do something after our NICU stay with my daughter Ava. When we completed our first walk with Ava at 9 months old I still hadn't made sense of everything that had happened and she still hadn't made a 100% recovery yet. But walking that year and being with the other NICU families helped get my emotions in check.

We continue to walk each year to give thanks for the chance Ava was given and to give hope for all the babies to come. The March of Dimes also touches every family everywhere, even those whose babies were born healthy. And for that we give thanks. Every dollar we raise, every step we take, we are making progress.

Thank you to all who contributed toward our $1,307 raised for Team Ava Marie in 2009. Every dollar counts! $82.50 was donated from sales at PlumDaisy and another $58.50 from my cousin Tiffany's shop, PrettyHeadsBoutique giving us $141 in donations from the wonderful Etsy community! Again, thank you to everyone who makes it possible for us to give back.

1 comment: